First time PC builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizzy

Baseband Member
Hello, I received my parts today and now I'm putting them together.

I put in the PSU, the mobo, and the processor, but having trouble with the processor heatsink. I can only get the 2 pins on the left side in, and can't get the ones on the right in, and I don't want to press any harder, in fear of breaking something.

I am also having trouble with the cables, as newbie as that may seem. These are how the wires are currently plugged in. If you see an error, please help me correct it. :)

I've got a molex-molex-molex-4pin cable coming from the PSU. I plugged it into the female molex on the mobo, and that's it for that strand.
I've got another molex-molex-molex-4pin cable coming from the PSU. I plugged it into: DVDrom-blank-HDD-floppy, respectively.
I've got a bigger 4-pin cable just by itself coming from the PSU, plugged into a female 8-slot on the mobo, only using 4 out of 8 of the plugs though.
Then I've got the SATA power cable-SATA power cable that I have plugged into the blank-HDD.
I have the SATA data cable from the HDD into the mobo.
I also have a left over POWER LED cable, and I don't know where it goes. I see the POWER LED slot where it looks like it'd go, but that slot is only 2 pins while the plug is 3.

I understand this is probably hard to read, but I'd appreciate it tremendously for the help, that way I don't have to take it in for a professional to look at it. Spending money on this rig, I just don't have the money right now. I'm very cautious, and don't want to start the system up yet until I figure everything is 100% perfect, as last time I installed a HDD, I plugged it in wrong and fried it.

Thanks very much in advance,
Skizzy

Edit: Just now put in my 7900GS, and it came with a 3pinMolex-6pin-3pinMolex. I can see where the 6pin goes on the video card, but where would I plug in the molex(es)?

It's to hard to tell by your discription. Could you post some pictures. It would help. Or at least the name and type of MOBO, Video card and power supply.

Unforunately I'm using a temp computer and cannot post pictures, but here are my specs:

Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel E6300 Conroe
eVGA 7900GS
XClio 450BL ATX 450W Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom