first boot failure please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffi34

Solid State Member
just booted up my first rig and plugged it into the monitor... at first, i got the bios beeps that my ram wasnt detected.. fixed that, turned it on... nothing... manual says no beeps means it failed a power on self test.. i double checked all the connections and what not and there's no issue there... however i read in my mobo manual that sata hdd cant be used without some windows vista service pack.. i have 2 sata drives so is it not detecting my hard drives? there's an IDE port tho... i even tried running the mobo driver via usb but nothing happened..

Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M Pro
CPU: Intel i5 661 lga 1156
CPU cooler: COoler Master v8
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4gb @ 1600
Graphics: Sapphire Radeon 5770
Hard Drives: Western Digital Green 1tb
Wesern Digital Blue 320gb
Optical Drive: NONE YET

Power Supply?

You said it's not doing anything right. The first thing it checks is the CPU and the Memory. Those two items have to pass before it moves on so while you may have a hard drive issue, unless the hard drive is dead and grounding out the system it is not the issue were dealing with right now.

You said it beeped to start with but you fixed that. I'm sorry but it doesn't sound like you fixed it at all. A Beep is better than Nothing. What exactly did you do to fix it?

You tried to install the motherboard drivers via USB? Have you installed Windows somehow? Was Windows previously installed before you upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom