Firmware update for Maxtor DiamondMax10

Status
Not open for further replies.

porgorg

Baseband Member
Hi, I've got a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 HDD which isn't showing up in the BIOS.
It's shown up once before but after wiping it I think it's uninstalled the firmware or something.
After doing some research I discovered that these HDD have had some problems so downloaded some firmware that matches it.
I've now got a folder with an .ldr, a .ram file and lots of .mod files. This pretty much describes what the folder contains.

I recently had the same problem with a SATA drive and solved it by loading the oem file from a floppy while installing Windows XP. I've tried the same thing with these files but nothing, it was looking for a textsetup file.

Just wondering if I'm barking up the wrong tree at all by thinking that upgrading the firmware will get the HDD noticed by the BIOS again. If not that then anyway I can get the HDD to be picked up by the system?

Thanks.

Bit more digging and I'm looking for either a pcmx_dps.exe or a pcmx_pkr.exe file.
I'm on the understanding that running these applications may give me the ability to install the firmware.

Looks like there's nothing I can do unless I shell out for the PC3000 [pcmx_dps.exe & pcmx_pkr.exe files are within this] software and hardware.
Better off buying a new harddrive. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom