Firewire card and 1394 IEEE drivers not showing up - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to soybean
Unhappy Firewire card and 1394 IEEE drivers not showing up

So I bought this Firewire card used online the other day, and I'm trying to install it, but my system doesn't seem to be recognizing it (no Install New Hardware flag). Not only that, but when I try to manually install 1394 IEEE drivers, my computer says that it doesn't have any (I'm running WinXP Pro). No 1394 section shows up in my device manager, either. The website of the manufacturer says that in WinXP the drivers should already be there.

So, I either need to know where to find 'em on my computer, or where to download 'em... or what ever the heck else I'm doing wrong. I know the firewire card is at least getting power, because I have a light up firewire cable that glows when I connect it.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Have you ran detect hardware changes. It may pick it up. Do you see it in your device manager?

Old 02-24-2006, 02:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to soybean

I have, and it doesn't see it. I've also switched to a different PCI slot. Still no go.
Closed Thread