Figuring out what causes the problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
0tz
True Techie

Default Figuring out what causes the problem

This is regarding my second rig. The first thing happened is when I copy pasted a file to My Documents, my pc suddenly freezes and I am getting no response at all ( Ive done Ctrl+Alt+Del, Alt+F4, Ctrl+Esc and still no response ) so I rebooted my computer. Second and third thing is when I am playing Warcraft, the screen suddenly blacks out but it has still the sound and responding. So I press Alt+F4, and when it returned, it looks like this. Please click link and download the screenshot ( TGA format, sorry I do not know how to upload a picture which can be viewed directly ).

http://rapidshare.com/files/2334859/..._022503_01.tga

I thought Warcraft has the problem so i reinstalled it but still the same Im experiencing those problems.

Even now, I browsed on Program Files, when I clicked it, the screen blacked out then came back again.. I know this is not okay. Im troubled which causes the problem.. I shall give every full details I can ...

This is the specs of my pc:

Intel Pentium 4 1.8 Ghz Williamette
ECS P4VMM2 Via Chipset
256MB Kingston DDR333 and 256MB Nanya DDR333 total of 512MB
Inno3D Geforce FX5200 128MB 128Bit
Dynamo 400W PSU
AOC 15" CRT Monitor
20GB Seagate IDE

Graphics Driver Version : 6.14.0010.6693 (English)

CPU Ratio: 12x

Yeah my OS is not a geniune one, but why is it that last week I am not experiencing this problems? This occured just today. Can this be some sort of virus infection, malware and etc? Or some hard ware issues, heat problems etc? Please help me out I do not know which and what is the problem in this pc..Any information that you need please tell me..

2x512Mb SS Corsair Value Select
160Gb Seagate SATA

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/t...alamandoti.png
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
0tz
True Techie

This occured just now..My computer suddenly rebooted, and it continously make beeping sounds....Seeing that I cant stop it, I just have to turn off the AVR...Anyone can help me with this please...

160Gb Seagate SATA

Old 11-07-2006, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

could be alot of things. your power supply going bad. your ram is slack in the slot. your ram is failing. your hdd power cord is slack, any of everything could be loose, lol. power down your system and make sure all the wires are in properly. make sure your video card is in properly. now u have an elite group mobo. i dont like them because i bought one of their boards by mistake a long time ago and guess what, when my pc shuts down the mouse remains powered, only thing is that back then i did not know cuz i had a ball mouse, now that i have an optical mouse i realise that ecs is sh1t. i tried every possible option in the bios to fix that problem of mine but it cant fix.

back to your problem, check the big capacitors close the the cpu and also those on the video card. if you see any deformations or swelling of leakage then just replace the capacitors. you could do that yourself with a soldering iron and some solder.
Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
0tz
True Techie

Ok Ill do that later and try to find out which is the problem...As of now, this rig is running fine...The time I started my PC again after last night, Windows gave me a prompt that it has recovered from a serious error. Anything got to do with my OS?
160Gb Seagate SATA

Closed Thread