A few probblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

taleheart

Baseband Member
Hi, I have always been into gaming and stuff, but I have been having some problems (Hopefully this is the right section, new to these forums)

I been running some tests, although I hardly know what my specs are supposed to be, but i notice a few things looking around other sites.

One is that when i play and intense game, like call of duty 4 for example, my computer has been dying on me. I always thought it was the new video card (NVIDIA 9600) that was overheating. But i wasn't getting a BSOD... It was just blacking out, almost as if it was in a sleeper mode that can't be woken up. I now think it has to do with my core. I downloaded speedfan to look at some of the temps, but my GPU is almost constant at 39-40C which i guess is adverage. But when i get on a game, my Core goes from about 13-14 to 32. It'd probably be higher if i went on a game and played, but wouldn't really have time to check the temps then :p So i figure this is a problem with my Core and I can't figure out how to fix it now :/ It never used to have this problem till just recently I got Age of Empires 3 and it started blacking out, now its blacking out on Crysis and Call of duty 4. Right now as i type this i have Age of Empires 3 open just trying to test it a bit, but i have it minmized, so I'm sure if i started a campaigne it'll heat up a little bit more. So it is the Core thats the problem right? and if so what could cause this :/ I also noticed a few other temps going up, but they are named temp1, temp2, etc... so idk what thoughs are exactly. The one temp went from 0C to 26C while typing this lol. My processor is a 2.6 AMD X2 5000 dual core. Also one more thing i was thinking i could do is overclocking the fans? but idk the rules with that and if the motor in the fan can take it. But it should be able to go faster because at times it starts sounding like a jet engine, but recently hasn't been doing that, which makes me think that maybe something is wrong here o_O Ask any questions I'll be on here for a little bit till i need to go to bed, hopefully i get some quick answers :)

Well your core temps are totally off.

Realize that 13C = 56F and unless your ambient temperature is around 50F that isn't physically possible.

Try turning up your fan speeds on your graphics card using a utility like Rivatuner.

Oh, thats what speedfan says :) but there are several other temps that range from 25-45c while playing a game, and when im not only 1 stays extremely low at 0c or so :/

ummmm... speedfan doesnt tell you your GPU temp, so i dunno where you're getting that from (39C sounds like its probably the "Temp" value, which is your NB)... and your core temp is far to low to be real... there should be 2 temps that stay around -3-1C and 2-5C... im not really sure what these denote, but they're of no apparent use as yet... can you whack up a screenie of speedfan so we can see what your temps are lookin like

also, try using realtemp (Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring) to check your CPU temps, and Rivatuner (RivaTuner v2.20 download from Guru3D.com) to check your GPU temps

ummmm... speedfan doesnt tell you your GPU temp, so i dunno where you're getting that from (39C sounds like its probably the "Temp" value, which is your NB)... and your core temp is far to low to be real... there should be 2 temps that stay around -3-1C and 2-5C... im not really sure what these denote, but they're of no apparent use as yet... can you whack up a screenie of speedfan so we can see what your temps are lookin like

also, try using realtemp (Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring) to check your CPU temps, and Rivatuner (RivaTuner v2.20 download from Guru3D.com) to check your GPU temps

Speedfan tells me my GPU temp is usually 40C... its right in front of my eyes but then again, if its telling me my core is only 13-14 C then there must be a problem with speedfan going by what the other person said. I just got Rivatuner which looks like a nice program to control how hard my video card works, it says the fans are on 25% always, should i change that to like 50% maybe? :)

t8x2f4.jpg

This is when I'm not on a game or nothing

rsh4lx.jpg

Ok this is the second picture while i was playing Call of duty 4, the GPU was up to 49% when i minimized it and cooled to 46% before i could take screeny :p

Ahh one more thing, the real temp program says my processor isn't supported :/ any other suggestions?

My GPU went up to like 52 or something on speedfan and it showed a picture of fire :O that bad ain't? lol

I opened up my case and left it open to see if temps would vary, idk if it is or not but my computer isn't sleeping on me when i play for long periods now :)

But tbh i rather not keep my case open considering it looks ugly now -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom