Faulty motherboard or CPU! Plz Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricsashimi

Solid State Member
So here's what happened:
After turning my computer on, I left my room for a few hours and when i came back the screen was black and the computer was off. I turned it on, i can hear the fans on and computer LED lite was on, but the monitor stayed black...

This is all the information after I tried to find the error...and I think either the motherboard is screwed up or the Pentium 4 cpu is screwed up....

its not the video card since its an integrated video card

1) When the CPU is removed PC will not respond even thou the powersupply, DVD drive, ram, HD, is all connected
2) WHen CPU is connected, fans spin, harddrive spin, but DVD drive won't eject and won't respond, monitor stays black (its not the monitor cuz it worked with my new computer)
3) When I use a faulty CPU (borrowed a already screwed up CPU) PC reacts same way as #2... SO I think its safe to conclude that it doesn't matter whether the CPU is faulty or not, the harddrive and fans will still spin.....But the dvd drive still won't eject....
4) I use a wireless keyboard and mouse, so i don't think it matters when the mouse lights up and keyboard lites up
5) When the CPU is inserted it heats up (so electricity is indeed going thru the CPU)
6) Reinserting the ram, and the motherboard battery does not help
7) When the IDE cable is connected to the DVD drive, it will not open when i press the button, when the IDE cable is not connected it WILL respond!
8) WHen holding the power button on the computer for a few seconds, the computer will shut off

My Monitor still stays Black!!, the computer will not BOot!!! what do i DO!????

sounds like classic dead ram, never have i even herd of havign a doa cpu never ever. i just had to return my crucial ram and i just got it back and i had those symptoms just like u alltho i do have a display led so it shows me whats broken/ what wont launch.

sorry for being a noob, but how does dead ram relate to computer not being able to boot, and showing on screen... i thought even if u take out ram, bios will still boot and tell you that you don't have enough ram

nope and even if one stick of ram isnt workign yoru system wont boot, i have no idea why it just doesnt work. try one stick of ram then the other, if it boots with one and not the other rma ur bad stick.

well, I want to say 2 things,

1. welcome to Tech-Forums

2. I am surprised that someone actually posted their problems in the hardware trouble shooting section!

If its dead ram, if I remove the ram, will the Computer boot to the bios, or not boot at all? I only have one stick of ram

it wont boot to the bios with out ram, it wotn boot at al, sounds liek your oen stick is dead man, if its still under warranty return it for a replacement to the manufacturer, or u can buy a nice 2gb kit ram is drit cheap right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom