Fans sounding...well odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my system about 1 month ago, and I have been noticing it more and more. When the fans are at full open 100%, they click, not like a hard drive, but like, its hard to describe, but its louder than the air they move. its getting quite annoying, I let my pc fold overnight, and turn the fans on low (reason i got my ninja), (0% = off, 5% = on, 100% = full on) and when at 25% or lower, the fans are quiet, moving about 30cfm each, but on full open, they are loud, maybe about 45dba, (rated at 30), and they are moving about 70cfm. the noise is a noticeable difference, and each fan sounds a bit different fron amonther, like my cpu 120mm is higher pitched than the rest, my front vibrates the case, so it echos, my rear is a reallllly deep clicking, and my psu fan has a moderate, clicking. all fans are 120mm, cpu fan is on its own controller, same with front, and chipset, and the rear/psu fans are on a knob. each knob has 15w max, and each fan draws about 5, so im not going overboard. even by themselves, they click, its just really weird. also if you feel the fan motor, intake and exhaust fan, they are quite warm. is this a sign of fan or bearing failure? maybe they need some grease?

I would use my thermaltake fans, but they are not blue, and move like 5cfm at like 0dba, and thats on 12v. would supercharge the fans by shorting the probe, but it doesn't have one! (at least that I can find)

help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom