Fans/lights not turning off after shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google searching for "windows 7 doesn't powerdown" found this

Note: if that doesn't work and you search yourself be sure to use the term powerdown instead of shutdown. It seems they mean different things.

Thanks tons, I'll try it when I'm back in the studio.

Oddly enough I did my research and couldn't find anything close to a real solution. Hope this helps!

Google searching for "windows 7 doesn't powerdown" found this

Note: if that doesn't work and you search yourself be sure to use the term powerdown instead of shutdown. It seems they mean different things.

I don't have that controller in my device manager :L
Also, I noticed that the keyboard Num Lock LED stays lit, even after powerdown...

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

The NUM lock light definitely suggests the bios is the culprit. Have you tried just resetting the bios?

After reading through this again I think it could be a power option in windows. Go in and check by hand what your power options are so that we know they are set right.

The NUM lock light definitely suggests the bios is the culprit. Have you tried just resetting the bios?

Do you mean flashing CMOS and taking out the battery?
I only set the settings to default so far.

After reading through this again I think it could be a power option in windows. Go in and check by hand what your power options are so that we know they are set right.

I will do this when I'm back in the studio. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom