Fan RPM's high? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

but it would still be best to take the heatsink out of the computer to use even the paint brush ?? so you dont get all the dust in your computer

Old 04-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Avalanch3
but it would still be best to take the heatsink out of the computer to use even the paint brush ?? so you dont get all the dust in your computer

Most people clean their comp's atleast once a month,Taking out the heatsink every time would be a huge pain in the arse,You would go thru thermal paste like crazy,And if your using AS5 that's just a waste of money All i did was brush it then blow in there like crazy or use a hair dryer,That way you never have to take out the heatsink and apply more crap

Old 04-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

its ok if you have some amounts of dust, the toothpic grabs the dust layer sitting over the HSF covering it.
EVGA GTX 480
CORSAIR 850-HX
Old 04-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Monster Techie

hairdryer...never thought of that one haha

Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Avalanch3
hairdryer...never thought of that one haha
Oh god, lol

Yeah I usually clean it whenever it comes to mind. I only take off the heatsink if I really have to though. Regardless, wasn't much dust in it at all actually.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Alright, don't mean to bring up a dead thread but it seems to be doing it again, but EVERY time I turn on my PC now. I was kinda scrrd (that alarm is intimidating), but finally I just let it start all the way up (you could tell when the fan stopped revving the alarm stopped too). I was trying to figure out which fan is the one causing all the trouble, and the only thing I noticed, was on the one of the crappy casefans I have, there's a Blue LED (didn't even know :P) and it was like flickering on. Never seen it before, and they werent sparks cause the light is on now.

Should I just start switching fans out? Should I just take that fan out completely? Do case fans even have sensors in them that report to the mobo?

I'm completely baffled because my system isnt overheating at ALL (32C in the case and Athlon XP 3200+ running at 45C with Xfire, a bunch of Firefox tabs, and Winamp).

On my Abit EQ, the "NB" Fan shows 5160rpm, which seems a BIT high. But I don't know.

Oh yeah, and I removed all dust, hairs, ANYTHING that was in ANY of the fans, today I'll pick up another air can and REALLY blow that stuff away.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Closed Thread