fan question need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITZBVAN005

In Runtime
i have a anthlon xp and i just got a nidet beta sl fan for my pc and my question is where do i hook this up at? i cant find a spot on my pc that has 2 holes to fit this all of them have 3. will it work if i hook it up to one with 3?

What are you trying to hook up? The heatsink or the fan? Or both? The Heatsink fan plugs into the CPU Fan slot which is located somewhere near your heatsink, location depends on your motheboard.

its hot a white thing on the end of the wires and it only has 2 holes on it and i cant find a place to put it at my question is where do i put the connection at?

the fan ports on you motherboard have 3 pins... because 1 is for power, 1 is for ground and the last is to monitor Fan speed.

You dont need 3 wires to connect a fan to it, you just cant read fan speed if your fan only has 2 wires....

Your sapost to plug the CPU fan into the Fan1 connector (usually located closest to the CPU itself) because the bios monitors CPU fan speed and adjusts it acordingly...

however if your fan has no speed sensor, it will probably just run at max, so tecnically it probably doesnt matter were you connect it.... but (not shur if its AMD or Intel) but some boards wont boot unless you have a fan connected to the CPU Fan1 port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom