Fan Problem on Boot - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Fan Problem on Boot

I seem to have a problem with my fans on boot, when I boot up they seem to get insanely loud as if my computer wants to take off or something. I know it is normal for the fans to get loud on bootup but if you heard the noise thats coming from mine you would think that is too much.

I could even record it if you want me to lol.

Is there an easy fix for this or is it going to be a long and complicated road? It seemed to occur after I installed a new AMD Chipset Driver.

Hope you can help, I can give you additional Information upon request.

jambab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Fan Problem on Boot

Most fans start at 100% for a few secs before being throttles by the motherboard (assuming they are plugged into it). My fans however, are always on max speed because I don't mind ~50dB coming from my computer.
Build to be updated, a reminder to myself.
GhOsT1321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On