Fan not working on case - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2008, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Fan not working on case

I have an Xclio case with 2 large built in fans, everything worked when I first installed all the equipment, but now the fan on the front isn't working. Everything is plugged in. Is there some software or bios or anything I can check to make sure it is enabled or is it just purely a voltage issue. I've got some things plugged into the mobo, I know one is the power switch but was wondering if either of the other 2 things had something to do with the fan?

Just wanting to see if there is any other possibility before I have to yank most of the gear to start checking wiring.

I'll run by the house during lunch to grab my voltage checker.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar
Default Re: Fan not working on case

I think it is a voltage thing. Since the fan is new (i think) more than likely the wiring isn't right or there isn't enough voltage.

-Vista SME
Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Fan not working on case

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking (maybe loose wire on fan or something), I just didn't want to spend a few hrs chasing a ghost if there happened to be some enable/disable fan device I couldn't find that was my culprit.

I think there should be enough voltage though (corsair 650w PS), but it may not be making it to the fan.
Closed Thread