fan controller problem. help plizzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i jsut finished my new pc built and updated every driver adn firmware and bios i could find
so somwhere in ze middle my fan controller got faqued up or it was bad from teh begining
i have sysfan1,sysfan2,powerfan,cpufan connectors on board
problem1)cpu fan speed is not adjustable at all the fan spins full speed even at cpu idle and the temp stays constant 52 at idle
i tried bio si tried about 5 different monitoring programs none works
problem2)the rest of the fans let me adjust the speed but its randomly takes sht like it would work good and on next restart the speed will be incorrect
problem3 sysfan1 is not even detected by bios or windows but fan works
problem3 yesterday teh cpu fan just shut down for no reason and when i tried to calibrate it with SilentTek it gave me an error and it started back up.
i thought it was my raid contrller pci card but its not there anymore and no change

i formatted and installed fresh windows xp pro -no change
i tried different versions of fan controller program for aopen-no change
i also lost a cpu voltage adjustment option in bios somewhere in the process
today i tried to use earlier versions of bios-no change
i downgraded bios to version 1.04 from 1.11 and i got cpu voltage adjustment but fan controlles is still not workin

i switched around the fans and its not faulty cpu fan because it works when plugged in sysfan2 connector
so the cpu connector or mobo is faulty or bios is fuked up
because it still impossible to regulate cpu fan speed and sysfan1 is not detected

im thinkin since i got back th cpu voltage adjustment in downgrading bios to 1.04 can it be a bad bios update from the manufacturer that messed everything up?

i really need to figure this out because if the board is faulty i gotta send it back before warranty expires

is ther anyway to check if winbond is working properly?

i know thenks for pointing out
here i ll make it up.

come on people im desperate!!!!!!!!! i reinstalled and switched around whole system already and still no effect

the thing that bugs me still is when i first started up it had a cpu voltage control and sysfan1 was in bios but after bios upgrade to latest version both dissapeared
and the bios backup.bin file i created says its for wrong version so im confused as ****
and then customer support engineer at aopen keeps tellin me that sysfan1 is not supposed to be detected (but i clearly remember seeing it in bios before update)
still itsa 3 pin fan connector which means it is regulated

do u think the board was shipped with wrong bios or bios from different model?

lol still not one period , try using spell check before asking people for help. Maybe your just extremly ignorant and computer illiterate, I dont know but please fix your grammar.

why don't you just use a seperate fan controller? those programs for fan speed controll just waste rescorces , and apparently time.

ok. its not english class.
dont know the answer. dont post useless responces.
heres more dots. put them where u want.........................................................

still have the problem anyone has ideas suggestions?

the software wouldnt work either

it was working in the begining untill i updated bios and then it stopped i went thru every version of bios and still no luck

cobalt817 said:
why don't you just use a seperate fan controller? those programs for fan speed controll just waste rescorces , and apparently time.

Thats what i was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom