False low disk space messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

what_999

Beta member
My laptop keeps popping up with messages warning me of low disk space. Usually I would try and ignore an issue like this, but its more serious than that.. My computer actually thinks that it is short on disk space, when I know for sure it isn't. I have virtually no programs or anything on my laptop, but my computer is insisting that I only have 800mb left of 80gigs.

Ive had this problem before in the past, but i managed to fix it when I found a forum on the net where others had the same issue. I think I downloaded some sort of reg fix which sorted it out.. But I really can't rememember what/where it was.

So please! Someone help! :)

Oh and if its any help I'm running windows vista. I think it's the home premium version.

I think you misunderstand- I am not trying to find a way to save disk space. I have plenty of it. The problem is that for some reason my computer is convinced that I have around only a gig left of space on my hard disk, when infact I probably have something more along the lines of around 40.

Show a screen shot of my computer. My guess is you have a bunch of hidden files from temp and restore points that are taking up the space.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 238
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom