Fake usb drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
How do I make my fake usb drive useful as it sometimes do not store the files properly and it usually creates blank files. I want to shrink it to the original size so I don't waste time copying it again. Is there any method to show only the actual size of the flash drive? thanks.

Well the problem is that the flash drive shows that it is 32GB which actually has less storage because it writes blank data instead and i can store some file but some just gets corrupted as if it wrote all 0's instead of 010100110. I don't know what's the actual capacity of it and is there any tool to fix my flash drive? thanks.

Ah, I have a stupid Chinese iPod ripoff that says it's 4GB (my dad brought it home for me when he went to China for a business trip...only cost like $15 or so though). It's really only 128MB and it too corrupted the filesystem.

However, reformatting using Windows was enough to make mine detect its proper size, though somewhere in there I changed its firmware and stuff...USB drives probably don't have firmware, so I'd try reformatting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom