failing gpu?

What drivers are you currently using?
I have a 650 ti card and had nothing but trouble (and crashes) with any newer drivers. I don't know why but I'm keeping the 314.07 drivers because they work without crashes

I have tried the drivers that came on the disk with the card (driver 295 or something like that I think), the driver that the nvidia webpage suggested, and then the "gaming" drivers that nvidia experience program suggested. I got the "graphics drivers crashed but Windows was able to recover" message from the 2 earlier drivers. Have not had that message from the "gaming" driver which is what I am currently running but still get freezes and total system freeze.

Computer is running chkdisk now scanning for bad sectors and such. Will list the current drivers and drivers on disk when pc is running again.

EDIT:
current driver: 331.82
previous driver: 327.23 whql
not sure of driver from the disc that came with gpu, as i said i think it was something around 29?.??

I will download the 314.07 driver and give it a try. keep your fingers crossed for me.

Last edited:
howdy, just an update on this situation. I installed the 314.07 drivers as suggested by JoeC about a month ago and no crashes or freezes since. thank you kindly for the advice, my girlfriend however is less than thrilled as battlefield has re entered my life haha. thanks again.

edit: I was even able to oc the card by another 75+mhz over the factory oc with no issues. it's nice to have my card back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom