Failed Toshiba Notebook Hard Drive (MK8025GAS) sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
your hard drive is fried. sounds as if the plate arm is grinding on the plates themselves. if you have already tried the freezer and all that, then the only other course of acrtion is a professional who can get your data for you, but of course that will cost.

sry for late response,
sound like ur reading/writing head is dead and not moving but grinding against the screws while spinning

The tip couldn't have broken off because I did get the drive to start up a few times before and the exact same sound was there before it started up.

My two new drives are arriving today, so first off I'll replace the logic board and see if that makes any difference. Then I'm supposed to get a 2.5 to 3.5 converter cable later in the week, so that I can try connecting the drive to a desktop before I go into surgery. If that doesn't work, I'll start ripping the guts of the new drives to see how much trauma they can take on. If all goes well, I'll move on to the actual patient, who by the way had been frozen for its third day in a row now.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom