extremely loud laptop fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooky

Baseband Member
hi i know this looks long but please help!
ok so i got a toshiba protege tablet pc at the begining of school last year (august 2007) i used this computer at school for every class the school was a no paper school. i ran into many problems during the year and most i could figure out myself the few i couldnt i took to the school tech guy. one day something wasnt working i dont even remember what it was i think it had to do with my tablet pen stylus. he said it was a simple hardware problem that he would just send it to toshiba to fix it. i got it back in like a week and it was fixed but when i turn it on the fan is so tremendously loud its annoying. the tech guy could do nothing about it since he himself did not work on it. i have dealt with it for so long and i want it gone. i now most fans startup loud and then quiet down once ur computer is fully on but mine stays loud and my parents can hear it rooms away so i cant use it at night.. please help me!

sorry for that super long message wanted to make it clear

Hello,

Have you tried to spray out the fan area with a can of compressed air? Might be that there is some dust or something in there. But from the sounds of it Toshiba didnt mount it right and you would have to open it up to fix it.

Cheers,
Mak

so u think when they put it back together they did it a little off? ill try the dust thing as well ty

Hello,

Yes it would seem that way. That would be the only thing i can think of that would cause a laptop case fan to be so loud like that. Espically since this did not happen till after you got it back from them.

Cheers,
Mak

thanks you have been a big help with my problems ill post again when i try the compressed air. i just moved into new house this week so i have no idea where anything is, have to use neighbors internet connection, and no time to go buy stuff

Look in the BIOS for your fan speed settings, and make sure it's on auto or whatever. This could have gotten reset.

BIOS is often called 'Setup'; you have to access it via a button press (F1, Delete, or something) when your computer boots up and you see the manufacturer's logo (in your case it'd be Toshiba). There should be lettering that says "Press XX to enter Setup" where XX will be a button.

Yep, you have to use the arrow keys to navigate. THere might/might not be an option to set the fan speed to auto..you'll just have to poke around. Just dont change anything you're not sure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom