External USB devices in DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPPUK

Solid State Member
I am trying to get an external CDROM drive to work in DOS using USBCD.SYS and USBASPI. It searches for USB drives, finds the Phillips CDROM, says that the device driver is installed, then goes back to the "C" prompt and does'nt assign it a drive letter. can anyone help please?.

Laptop CDROM drive is faulty. I have formatted the hard drive and need to re-install XP. I have purchased an external Phillips DVD-RW Drive which I want to use to install the software. I have got the laptop to recognise it, but that is as far as I can get.

yes, I can't get it to boot from the USB drive. I recognises that it is a Phillips DVD-RW Drive and says that the "Device Driver is Installed" but does not assign it a drive letter.

Cannot find that in the BIOS. and tried various keys as well. If this is any help I have already added these lines to my "Config.sys"

device=usbaspi.sys
device=usbcd.sys /D:mscd001

This finds the usb DVD-RW and says that the device driver is installed as mentioned before. I think I need to add a command line to my "Autoexec.bat" . Is that right? Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom