External POS got me a little messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkReverand

Beta member
ok... i need help here. I bought 2 external hard drives, one for my personal stuff, one for military records. I am in Iraq, and **** happend, to be mild. well, some **** happened, and now both hardrives cannot be accessed. The light on the front of the drives just blink on and off. i had to buy new cords too, becasue the got killed, so i'm suspecting some kind of power surge..... anyway.. the front power indicator lights just blink on and off, and the drives do not show up on the computer... any idea what i can do to fix it, or recover the data. what would i need for data recovery.
One Drive is a 160 GB Seagate, and the other is a 200 Gig Maxtor

Attachments

• stitch2.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 22
If you can... open them up and try to install them (The hard drives) directly into the machine. At least then you can tell if they are fried from the surge or not. it might just be the circuit board in the back that got hit. The only other thing to do is try and get a couple more drives and replace them; Keeping the external drives of course.

when you say cords, do you mean power or usb ? I know it ia none of my bussiness, i hope the military records are not classified, someone could just walk off with the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom