External HD Problem-Please Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwoggle

Solid State Member
I have got an external hard drive (Western Digital 500 GB)..My pc got a virus,which wouldnt go away (PCIDPinch or something similar,a trojan)..After giving up on shifting it I formatted and started afresh.But now,I cant seem to access my harddrive.It claims to have 420GB of used space,all the correct folders are there but they claim to be empty...Only two folders have survived.I donbt understand why properties is saying the correct thing (420 Used 70 unused and yet I cant see my files anywhere)

.Please Please please can someone help to recover my files?Its a lifetimes work on there....

I am desperately awaiting your reply!!!

AW

Have you tried repairing the MBR of the drive? The virus may have affected the drive itself, corrupting its Master Boot Record. Actually, this is usually one of the first things most viruses go for. Try doing a search on the internet on 'Repair MBR' or 'Repairing Master Boot Record' as the details on how to do this should be plastered everywhere.

Have you looked at the harddrive on another computer?

What operating system and service pack are you running on the newly formatted computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom