External Hardrive 250GB but only Showing 10GB - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2008, 05:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default External Hardrive 250GB but only Showing 10GB

I had a 250GB SATA HDD laying around with multiple with a couple of so I ordered an enclosure. Installed easily, everything was compatible. I used the format option from right clicking the drive in "My Computer" I formated it and I can only format it to 9.40GB using NTFS. How do I make it so I can use my entire 250GB?

Old 05-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: External Hardrive 250GB but only Showing 10GB

Start>Right click on My Computer>Manage>Disk Management.

See if there is any other partitions on there. Also i would recommend using one of the Disk Formatting tools in the Windows Index Stickies link in my sig. In that Index there is a topic called Recommended Software for certain tasks. At the bottom of the first post you will see Formatting tools. GParted, DBan, KillDisk will get the job done for you.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread

Posting Rules