External Hard drive space issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thechosenone

Beta member
when ever i try to save a file bigger then what my internal hard drive has left in free space to my external hard drive it tells me that i don't have enough space for instance when i try to save a 7 gig file to my external hard drive when my c drive only has 4 gigs left it wont save. I'm using a 232gig fire wire My Book. thanks for any help you guys can give me :D

Where are you trying to save this file from? Are you downloading it and trying to download it to the external or copying it from a DVD drive to the external?

Where are you trying to save this file from? Are you downloading it and trying to download it to the external or copying it from a DVD drive to the external?

iv done it 3 different ways first is by downloading form the Internet it will download but then say there's not enough space 2ed is from one hard drive to the other last one is throw torrents also if the file is split into parts it works fine like i can have 10 files that into 7 gigs but i cant have 1 file that equals 7 gigs. unzipping wont work ether (using winrar)

I haven't ever had this problem before, but I would guess that Windows is caching that file on the C: drive, and thows the error once capacity is reached. Do you have any large files you can temporarly store on the external drive to free up enough space and try it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom