External Hard Drive PROBLEMS HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saleen357

Beta member
Ok, so I had been movin some files over to my external hard drive mainly pics, videos, and ripped CDs.........but anyways I go to get a picture off of it and when I go to turn it on nothin happens. I try again still nothing, but a blue light blinks on then off.........If i hold the power button down the light jus goes on and off. What can I do to get the files back? Its nothing major, but I got a ton of pics on there that I would really hate to lose

Any help would be greatly appreciated........Thanks

Well, if it's a minor thing. Just unplug the power adapter to kill all power to the device; although I usually don't recommend this, sometimes with technology, you just have to cut the cord.

Are you using a western digital media center hard drive (external)?

First try what I said above, and keep posting replies.

Yes it is a Western Digital............I tried unpluggin it and usin a different outlet still same thing It wont boot up.

I opened the case ( I know I voided warranty) and plugged it into my computer, but it wouldnt recognize it any ideas????

I had the same problem. Close the case back up and try to put it back together exactly the way you found it. Don't mention it to western digital. You need a replacement.

I had the same problem and had to get a full exchange, which was a bum, because i only had it for two weeks and it crapped out on me. It was under the original warranty and it was replaced with a new one, and it has worked successfully ever since. if you look in my old posts (just do a search on my name - drewrockshard - ) and you will see it happened to me too.

So contact them, and dont let them know you voided the warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom