External Hard Drive Not Recognized - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default External Hard Drive Not Recognized

I recently upgraded the hard drive in my PS3, and decided I would use the old drive (80gb) as an external drive for my laptop, which is running out of memory. I purchased a 2.5" SATA enclosure, and after plugging it up to my laptop, the light on the enclosure lit up, but nothing happened on the computer. After doing some research, I went to the Disk Management screen, but the drive wasn't even recognized there.

Does anyone have any idea why the drive isn't recognized, and if so, how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ablissar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to GLaDOS
Default Re: External Hard Drive Not Recognized

Sounds like it probably needs to be reformatted. Not sure what OS you're using but this may work:

CompuApps, Inc. - Providing Solutions for Data Security

which I found here:
How to format your PS3 hard drive on a PC? - AfterDawn: Forums
GLaDOS is offline   Reply With Quote

external hard drive, ps3, sata

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On