External Hard drive not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

qh

Beta member
I had this 40gb external harddrive that was working properly for a few months but is suddendly not being detected anymore and it doesnt show up when i plug it in. I tried connecting it to another com but it doesnt show up either so there must be somethin wrong with the HD. The unplu or eject hardware icon on the bottem right corner does not even appear when i plug it in

On the device manager, it says that the device is either not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed (code 10)?. I tried updating the drivers but it says that it is alreadly using the best driver.

I found this disk that they provided that contains drivers. I tried updating the drivers with the stuff in there and now the green arrow icon appears but there is an yellow exclamation mark on the 'USB mass storage device'. It also says something about 'myson century cs8818'

I'm not very familiar with hardware stuff so i'm pretty much clueless about where to start getting this thing fixed up or what everything means. I tried searching for solutions online but none seems to be helping

The weird thing is 2 weeks ago the same thing happened and I left the drive alone because i didnt have time to get to it. 1 week ago i tried plugging it in again and it worked fine. Now it doesnt work again.

Anyone has any idea whats wrong with the HD and how i can get it fixed up? thanks a bunch

I would say you have corrupt drivers for your USB. You should have a disk for your motherboard to reinstall the USB drivers. They are called either VIA or Nvidia drivers. If you have a exclamation mark there something is wrong. If you don't have the driver disk for the motherboard then you ll have to type the name of your Motherboard Drivers in Google to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom