Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have my whole life pretty much saved on my external hard drive thought I was being wise to put things there in case that my crappy computer bites the bullet... anyway, I go to access the drive yesterday and I get cannot access drive g:/ unreadable or corrupt ok, hmm the drive was named Iomega, but now all of a sudden it changed its name and is not letting me in....I know if I format I will be able to use it again however I want my pictures back and everything else that I treasure on there.....please I dont want to loose everything.....tell me there is a solution to this, also noticed it is no longer reading as NTFS file but RAW, which I am assuming is the cause of my issue...

I'm pretty sure your master file table is corrupted, your data is still there so whatever you do, don't format it. You'll need to either find a way to repair the file table or get some data recovery program to recover the data on the drive.

Like brinks said, becareful of what you do to your external hdd for now.
Two things I want you to do when you have time, please use recuve recovery tool on low scan mode, if it sees anything under green lit or yellow fit files take them with you.
Anything under red lit icons, do not bother with them as that will take too long and cause more problems for you.
That external hdd you have should a 2 year warrantie on it, call seagate today and tell them whats going on with it.
Matter of fact, download seagates hdd diagnostic tool and let it run and a generate report file.
If the technician ask for it, email it to him asap as that will help determine what needs to be done quickly.

You could also attempt to read it in Linux; Download the Ubuntu ISO from Homepage | Ubuntu and burn it to a CD. Then boot off of the CD and go into LiveCD mode and see if you can browse the drive from there.

so I called iomega who want $900-$3000 to pull and restore my files seriously are these people on crack? n other then that I'm screwed, I've tried other file recovery software and to no avail, but think this is a problem caused by my computer that corrupted the external where I had the same problem with a flash drive a few days before this, so, have a tech coming in going to try a few programs but the end result isnt looking too promising, tyi all for your replies or if you have any other suggestions I am happy to give it a try!!

׺°°º×Mͧ§ çH׺°°º×;1912438 said:
so I called iomega who want $900-$3000 to pull and restore my files seriously are these people on crack? n other then that I'm screwed, I've tried other file recovery software and to no avail, but think this is a problem caused by my computer that corrupted the external where I had the same problem with a flash drive a few days before this, so, have a tech coming in going to try a few programs but the end result isnt looking too promising, tyi all for your replies or if you have any other suggestions I am happy to give it a try!!

That's for full-fledged data recovery. I've quoted it from SeaGate before and they wanted around $500 to do it.

I would at least try the Linux suggestion I offered. It'll only cost you a blank CD to make, and those are ~2-5 cents per disk... pretty cheap way to test it IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom