external floppy problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I am trying to install an external usb floppy drive. Windows xp recognizes and starts to install the drive but then says there was a problem and the device might not work properly. I tried the drive on another computer and it worked fine. Both computers are using windows xp sp2 fully updated. When you go into the device manager it shows the device under the usb controller as working fine. Under the floppy disk drive it shows that there are problems. I am wondering if for some reason maybe usb 2.0 drivers have not been installed. Does that sound like it could be even though service pack 2 is installed?

Do other usb devices work on the pc you were first trying to install it on? If not then you have a usb driver issue on that pc. Did it come with any driver that are required for it to run? You could also search online to see if there are any drivers. Microsoft doesnt always find drivers when you let it connect to the internet and search.

yes other usb devices work. The drive did not come with any drivers and when i went to look for them online, the manufacturer said no drivers were needed with windows xp. the drive is a smartdisk D353FUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom