External Display (TV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaOH

Beta member
Basically what I'm trying to do is output from my laptop (which has both VGA and S-Video outs) to a TV.

The problem I'm running into revolves around the fact that it's kinda an old TV. No S-Vid in, nothing fancy, just RCA inputs.

Apparently it's actually required, both by the hardware and by any driver I've tried (ATi's official drivers, Omega-drivers...) for the TV to actually respond or something when I attempt to switch the display to it.

What I'm using right now is a VGA->RCA adapter that I picked up on eBay. I can try to switch either with the keyboard command (Fn-F4) or in software, and the TV will flicker a bit (yes, the TV is set to the right input), but the display comes right back to the laptop.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks very much.

I don't know much about the hardware you are using, but I do know they make S-Video to RCA adapters that don't cost much at all and are really simple to use. Sorry if that doesn't really help you.

The only problem I forsee with this is there's still no way that the TV is going to report anything to the laptop. It's as old as I am (19 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom