Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
my new sound card upgraded from onboard sound only seems to be playing the front two chanels of my 5.1 speakers,
in device manager it show a pci device not recognized code 39

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310123#XSLTH3542121122120121120120

i have narrowed it down to this, the 3 jacks are pluged into the card, but im only getting sound from, (like i said, the front two)
that is the green jack. black and orange wont work

i tried pluging into the onboard holes, and nothing happened. so im guessing that mean the onboard sound in corectly disabled.

the soulution say to delete and reinstal the drivers.
i have done that, and reseated the card. still says there in new hardware everytime i reboot.

also, all diagnostics test in the "creative(sound blaster)" screens work fine. thats the only time i hear sound coming from my center, and rear speaker.

p.s. the girl that does the test voice sounds hot lol

please help guys, i think im close

have you tried switching PCI slots? And checking the manufacturer's wesite for a similar problem? Secondly, did you uninstall the old drivers before adding new ones? Generally installing new drivers on top of olds ones is a bad thing.

Also if you have onboard sound you need to go into your bios and disable the sound.

thats not it, look at the link, error code 39, pci device not recognized, currupt binary.
i have tried to reinstal, and the onboard is disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom