Evga 790i Ultra problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

melioz

Baseband Member
Hello, i have had this incredibly unstable board for over a year, and it has had its good months and it bad ones. It is weird how it can work well for a long time, then be plagued with problems for a month.

Here is a new issue i ran into recently... If i unplug my computer for any amount of time over an hour it will not start up. To be clear it will go to the post screen, then detect Ide drives and sit there for a minute compared to the seconds it usually takes, once that is done half of the time it will detect my Sata Dvd drive, and other times it wont. Once finally getting to the Xp load screen it will sit there frozen until i reboot. Sometimes it will rarely boot up after six or seven reboots, but when it doesn't i do the weirdest thing to get it to start.

If i open the case and move the hard drive from one sata port to another it will sometimes start and work for a few days, then when it stopped working again i tried moving the Hdd power cable to another port on my 1000w power supply. That also fixed it for a few days until i unplugged it again. To me that does not make any sense because i am constantly switching my hdd to different sata port, some times they work and sometimes they don't. But my computer always recognizes the Hdd's them selves.

One other problem that might be a symptom, When gaming the screen will freeze, yet the sound works. The mouse is still responsive, and the keyboard lights (Caps,NumLock) respond but only 2 mins after i press them.

Build: Evga 790i Ultra
Ocz platinum 1333mgz 4gb
Q9450 Stock
1000w Silverstone Psu
2x seagate 500gb Hds
9800gx2

I am considering buying a Intel Extreme board if i can't fix this one once and for all.

Thanks for your help =)

It could be the hard drives board that's gone and not the motherboard. Although if you say it has given you problems before it is most likely the motherboard. Not much you can do with a problem like that I'm afraid. To ensure it is your motherboard try 2 new SATA drives and see if it still happens.

As for buying a new motherboard after this is resolved. I would suggest not going with an Intel Extreme board. Grab a Biostar TPower i45 instead.

I just had a board whit similar problems.Although my board was a cheap foxxcon board.After about two months of working good one day when booting ho hard drive. I switched to another SATA port and it was fine for two weeks then it did this again twice more so I just changed out the board and no more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom