My desktop computer lags on just about everything I try to do. Surfing to typing to opening programs to opening task manager....etc. I get the hourglass for much longer than I should. Don't know what it is. Simple example: Opening a picture in IrfanView, which used to take split second, now takes 5 seconds.
Need help diagnosing what the problem is. Steps I've taken:
- use CCleaner to clean
- Auslogics Disk Defragmenter
- tried clearing cache with Advanced SystemCare program
- ran Malwarebytes, found nothing (ran slowly too)
- had HiJack log checked, no problems
- No new programs installed, i don't think.....
Can someone help me test the system? Diagnose problem? I've tried all the steps I know.......need more help.
System Config Info:
Also, I run Kaspersky Internet Security 22.214.171.1240
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.