ethernet troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
hey guys my roomate aaron has an inspiron 6000 and for some reason the ethernet doesn't work. apparently it's never worked after about the first week and he's had it for about 6-7 months.

i tried to hook up w/ an ethernet cable and the cable doesn't even blink when it's plugged in. the

The wireless card still works so i don't know if it's a software problem or a problem w/ the mobo.

i checke the properties for the "local area connection" icon under control panel and under advanced it said this

"Because the Windows management instrumentation (WMI) service has been disabled, windows cannot display the properties of this connection or the home network.

To configure the properties of this connection or you home network, you must first enable the WMI service. To do this, in the Administrative Tools control panel, double-click Services, right-click WMI, and then click Start."

i couldn't find the Services icon so i don't know how to get to that.

if you guys could tell me how to do that it'd be awesome cuz i'm pretty computer savvy i just haven't run into this problem yet.

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom