Ethernet Problem Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1rekt

Beta member
Well I dont know if the CAT cables for ethernet connectivity go out or anything but we had a heavy thunderstorm around 2 days ago. Ever since then I havent been able to get online. It continues to display the message...

"Local Area Network Cable Unhooked"

or something similar, cant remember exactly but I'm sure you guys get it sometimes if you are using XP. It is a Realtek built-in ethernet, no card, it just came on the motherboard. Motherboard is P4TSV. I dont know if the cord itself has went out or if its the motherboard. Everything else is working fine.

If anyone has any idea what this is please help as I cannot access the internet by any means anymore and I need it to work, play games, etc. on.

I have a cable modem that is connected to a 4 port linksys router. 2 computers and Xbox Live connected to it. Now my siblings computer and brothers Xbox Live work. My computer is the only one with the Network cable unplugged error coming up on the screen. So I figure it is the port on my motherboard that the ethernet cable connects to. I have no idea how to repair this aside from getting a new motherboard that is exactly the same.

If anyone else has any ideas please tell me, I have old computers scattered around the house, I have been looking for parts but I find no way of getting the little black box that is the ethernet port thing out of them to put into mine. Very frustrating if you have any ideas how to repair aside from getting a new MB please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Yea you should try a cable from one of the computer that is known to be working. You don't have to replace the motherboard, just simply disable the network card in BIOS then buy a PCI network card if you have too. But first check to make sure that it's not the NIC but rather the cable that is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom