Ethernet port issue possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoysNightOut

In Runtime
My family has a wireless router with 4 ports on it for extra comps to plugin "hardwired" and run the net off the LAN we have. However my computer won't do it. Also, my comp can't even be the "host" for the wireless router as when the ethernet cable is plugged into the back it won't ever recognize it. It always says when I run the CD to scan setup of router, nothing detected.

I am pretty sure now that my ethernet port is dead perhaps on my Mobo...but my board is 4 months old..an MSI board...and it pretty much has everything on there it needs. All drivers and utilities have been installed. I even re-installed them. I've checked the ethernet cords and used 4 different ones, which work on our other comp but not mine.

Any idea of what I could do to my comp to fix it, or did I just get a bad ethernet port perhaps somehow??? Totally sucks...thanks all!

-Chris

pull a pci network card from somewhere else and plug it in and see how it goes.

Ah true, then again, **** we don't have any here...wait...I think we might...I'll hafta check, most of the PC's I currently have don't use cards, but hmm maybe I should get one and try it out, because if that works, that'd help out a lot! Thanks, can't believe I didn't think about that....always overlook something don't we...blah

How about checking/updating your drivers for the ethernet...cant remember if there are separate drivers for on board ethernet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom