Ethernet issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpnet

Solid State Member
I am running a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Mainbord. With the Duel Giggabit Lan ports.

The first problem is they both dont acticvate at the same time. Every time i re-install Windows a diffrent port gets turned on so i gotta switch Lan ports. One of them is a MAC Lan ( im geussing Apple talk mostly)

I had just Disabled the MAC Lan and the top port is completly Disabled. Now this install of Windows is on the top port. My bottom one wont install at all. Ive reinstalled the nForce drivers 10 times. I cant get that bottom port to Install.

I had to put in a crappy NIC in my comp so i can get internet. I dont feel like Re installing windows. This NIC is getting on my nerves. It sux. Is there any way to Enable that Bottom port ?

doesn't the disabled port show an X over the adapter in your device manager ? You should be able to enable and install any drivers it might need all through device manager.

Well the Drivers wont install to it. It does show up in Device Manesger but with a Yellow I icon, I tried reinstalling drivers through there and other meens. The drivers just wont install..

In the BIOS it says its a MAC LAN so im assuming it meens Appletalk

Ok get your MOBO disk that came with it... you should have mainboard drivers on that disk.... install from cd instead of DM.

*thought*
It might even enable the adapter for you once you install drivers.

O ya ive done that. I have DLed the nForce drivers from Nvidia. a link i got from MSI. Its the drivers im running right now

and for the sake on discussion a MAC address has nothing to do with Mac computers and their protocals to transmit Data,

Every NIC card and onboard LAN has a MAC address, there can only be one MAC address thats unique to each card in the entire world.

first 3 bytes are manufacurer Identifications and the last 3 bytes are the Card Number, In hexidecimal format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom