ESD fried motherboard?
Hey. When I woke up this morning, I went to turn on my computer and i got a very light shock. The shock was barely a tingle, was not strong at all. My computer is enclosed in a case with the panel on. I got a shock on the power button and the computer would not start. No beeps, no bios showing up, nothing. This has happened to me a year ago and just replaced my motherboard AND processor. because i didn't know what else to try to see if it was fixable. My power button is plastic, so i dont see how the ESD could have hit my motherboard. Is it possible that the ESD has jumped to my motherboard? Or is there a short somewhere? It is noted that i have a carpet in my room, but i dont see how a ESD charge could go passed the button and hit my motherboard.
Anyways, I am just wondering if there is any way to tell if my board is fried, or any other solutions to common problems like this (if it isnt the ESD that killed it).
The light on my motherboard is on, so im not sure if that tells you anything.