eSATA / Vantec NexStar 360SU Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvanbel

Beta member
I have a ASRock K10N780SLIX3-WiFi Mobo, AMD Phenom II CPU, Kingston Hyper X 8gb Mem, OCZ Tech 550W PSU, 2x BFG nVidia 7600 GT VGA's (SLI Mode enabled), 2 Maxtor 200gb IDE HDD's, 1 Maxtor 60gb IDE HDD, Asus DVD-RW, Asus DVD-ROM, Floppy Driver, Atech Card Reader in a Aspire Super X-Alien Full Tower & running Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit OS.

I have a Western Digital SATA WD5000AAVS HDD, which was in a Western Digital My Book. I then purchased the Vantec NexStar 3.5" SATA enclosure. I have tried to use the driver that came with the Vantec enclosure, but did not work. I updated all the drivers, and troubleshooted on microsoft.com. I'm am able for the device manager to see the drive connected to the mobo, but if I try and format and I have issues. The system freezes, or slows down to a crawl. It never finishes formatting. I am at a loss right now on what I can do.

Can anyone help me out?

so is the problem with the drivers or just formatting? if it's formatting try to format it though the disk manager....go to start (rightclick) mycomputer and select manage...then go to "disk management" and find your external....try deleting the partition table and creating a new partition and then formatting from there.

so is the problem with the drivers or just formatting? if it's formatting try to format it though the disk manager....go to start (rightclick) mycomputer and select manage...then go to "disk management" and find your external....try deleting the partition table and creating a new partition and then formatting from there.

Tried all that, and it ends up freezing my pc. I don't know what it is

do you have another PC you can try formatting it in? also try completely removing any drivers, and re-installing them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom