ERROR Performing inpage operation! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devanino

Solid State Member
I recently just had my laptop stop working because of an improper shutdown.

i took out my 80gb internal sata HD in my laptop, and put it into a SATA ENclosure so i can retreive the files from it from my other computer.

this drive has 2 partitions,
'C:' (RECOVERY)
and 'D:' (LOCAL DISK) (main files)

now when i hooked up the enclusure with the harddrive in it to my other computer it didnt recognize it as a "Removable Drive" but recognized it as a list in the 'Hard Disk Drives' secton in My Computer, in that list were 4 drives: but the 2 new ones were HP_RECOVERY(K: ) and LOCAL DISK(L: ) .

when i double click Hp_recovery all the files are in there, but when i try
the loading the Localdisk(L: ) is says 'Error Performing inpage operation' L: is not accessible.

someone please help, i need the files from LOCALDISK (L: ) , could the reason be that they are 2 partitions? and the computer is reading the enclosure that has 2 partitions? i have no idea.

if you can help me, can you please tell me how i can retrieve these files, or are they gone forever?

Hi,

The first thing you should do is check the volume L: for any errors, and to fix them.

If you're using Windows XP, open up command prompt then type CHKDSK L: /R and hit enter (where L: is LOCAL DISK). It may take a while for it to check and fix any errors on the volume. Once it's completed, try accessing the volume again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom