error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindz5970

Solid State Member
Lately my computer has been going very slow, freezing random, and error messages have been showing up. the most common one is when i try to open AOL instant messanger. One of the errors says this:
EventType : InPageError P1 : c000009c P2 : 00000003

I've done virus scans, spyware scans, adware scans, (in and out of safemode) and nothing is finding anything wrong with the computer.

Also, it says the location of the error is in these spots:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1f11.dir00\aim.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1f11.dir00\appcompat.txt

i tried to look for these locations on my computer but i couldnt find them. If anyone has an idea how than can help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I have gotten a similar error with a different program. Serveral things to try are first make sure you have admin priv, update windows, and re-install program.

i have admin priv, i just updated windows last night and i re-installed the program about 5 times (that didnt work)

One this to find those files is to view hidden files. To do this go into windows explorer, tools, folder options, the view tab, then click the bubble for 'view hidden files' click apply, then ok, close that window, then reopen windows explorer, and look for those files. If that doesnt work, there are more options in the view tab, such as system files and more.

so i did what you said about viewing the hidden files and that did help me to get further towards the spot, but once i got into Temp i couldnt find the file: WER1f11.dir00

so the path of the error has changed, i guess thats y i couldnt find WER1f11.dir00

The new location is:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER36fc.dir00\aim.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER36fc.dir00\appcompat.txt

ill trying looking there.

aim.exe.mdmp... sounds like some sort of a backup file or an memory dump? Delete everything in your temp folder, uninstall AIM, reinstall AIM, uninstall it again, restart your computer, then install it again. Sounds like a pain, but whatever works, right?

Dan

i accidentally posted a new topic with this message lol o well, anyway..

so i tried what you said, about uninstalling and reinstalling etc. still nothing. the interesting thing though is that it keeps giving me a different location for the error. when i go and look in the temp folder for this file, the temp folder is completely empty. so i have no idea wheres its coming up with that file.

Also, i dont kno if this has anything to do with it, but everytime i shut down the computer, that end program screen cames up and the progam is asks me to end now is called "sample."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom