Err - computer randomly just stopping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purple_ferret

Solid State Member
Whenver I'm playing a game - or anything that requires any great effort from my computer, it will - err, just stop. Not crash - the power will go completley and it will instantly switch off. When I put my hand on the back of my computer it's hot - and if I try to switch it on again, it will do the same thing as soon as the windows logo would be up. After it's cooled down, it's fine - until the next time, when it happens again.

Like I said, I think it's a cooling problem but I can't be sure. Is there a way I can determine this, and if so, is there a way I can stop it?

Yeah sounds like your overheating, check our your temperatures, use everest home edition (NOT the trial version)

Look inside your case when ints powered up and make sure your cpu fan is spinning, also make sure your PSU fan is spinning.

Try running open case for a bit and run a program such as Speedfan to keep an eye on temperatures, voltages and fan speeds and graph them all out.
If you want to stop damage to your system create an exe or batch file which will end all processes and shutdown your PC to make sure no permanent damage is done if the temperates/voltages/speeds spike out of control.

Get back to us with any visual graphic data or numbers about temperatures/voltages/speeds.

Have you replaced any heatsinks fans or PSUs lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom