Eratic CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Hey all.....SInce I'm on a quest to oc my 3700 San Diego, I first thought it would be best to close down and prevent certain services from activation, and to clear unused processes from XP start up. This, in theory, would clear up some ram and cpu usage. I used http://www.majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 to navigate thru a bit. I set most my services similar to this. Except I have XP home not Pro, so some do not apply.
Ever since then, my cpu usage percentages have been extremely eratic. From 2%, to opening a couple of windows to 45%. I tried to load BF2 and it was skipping at the log in screen.
Any advice as to which services I may have disabled that need to be enabled? thanks all.:amazed: :amazed:

lots of views and no replies yet....ok. Well, I am pleased to say that AFTER my last re-boot......everything is smooth again. Actually BF2....loggin in and playin and then logging out back to windows is a snap...like 5 seconds or less....Before it was 20-30 secs. I recommend the process. ty forums for posting links to it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom