epox mother board issuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sway

Solid State Member
hello,

i have a wierd issue with my pc i recently bought a new power supply orion 585watt and have my old 350 my system specs are as follows amd 3200+ throughtbred, EP-8RDA3G motherboard, 2 gigs ocz ram an agp 6800 gt 256mb, sony dvd burning rom, a 40gig wd hard drive, 120 gig wd hard drive, and a 200gig hard drive... lan 10/100 onboard , sound onboard. I have 4 out of 8 fans running i start my pc with a brand new powersupply and i am still getting a vdd error or its red in the system post screenand in usdm that comes with my epox board says 1.2-1.5 volts thats at idle and i do play games and watch videos which is demanding for power ... i looked on google but have yet to find a decent anwser or a fix to my problem... any one able to shed some light on this??

cmos

could a failing battery cause this as well? ... i think it may be that ...but i have tried your aproach more then once with it locking up and beeping remove the battery un plug it for 20-30 seconds and re do all the settings.. and i declocked my settings ... no effect... bios update ill look for one but last time i tried it wouldnt work too well.

You can try changing the battery, but if the BIOS-update wasn't a success, I advise you looking for a newer version or if you tried that one the downdated version of that.

okay i looked on epox.com and found the file i need download it then open my magic bios app to do an update and says i have it already installed

NEVER update your BIOS in Windows. Format a floppy to a bootfloppy, put your downloaded new BIOS on it, and boot your pc with your bootfloppy. Then update your BIOS while you use your floppy. If that doesn't work i'd say changing your battery, and else I wouldn't know for now. Sry then m8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom