Envision LCD Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2006, 06:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to MasterRex Send a message via MSN to MasterRex
Default Envision LCD Problem

Well, my parent's freind was about to throw out a 17' Envision EN-7100si lcd, as it is having a weird problem.

The problem:

Turn it on... indicator light shows green, flashes up the video (Which, looks perfect, not dim or anything, and happens each and everytime you turn it on.) and then the video feed ends. So, basically, you can see your desktop (my extended desktop, lol) for a split second before the lcd says NOOOOOO and loses the feed? However, the indicator light stays in the green (Active) mode, before and after you see the flash of what looks to be a nice lcd display.

Things I have tried...

Different power cable..
Different VGA cable..
Different video source.. (My pc, as opposed to the previous owner's.)

Things I am curious about...

Why is it doing this? The backlight isn't dead, or it wouldn't be showing the image at all when it turns on, and if you could see it, you wouldn't lose it completely, it would be dim... so its not the backlight.

Is it the 'inverter' ? There doesn't seem to be anything the matter with the image quality for the short time it is displayed... so I dunno.

... So what the heck is up with this haunted lcd? It doesn't appear to have any physical damage at all.. not a scratch on the case.

Anyone? Please? If you can help... I just got a free 17' lcd.
Closed Thread