enthernet adapter not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomt74

Solid State Member
i'm working on a dell E510 about 3 months ago my wife's comp got a virus in it & she took it to a friend to fix well he formated the hd & installed a copy of windows xp pro on it buthe used a jacked product key in the windows,i purchased a new copy of windows xp & reformated the hd installed the windows but now cant connect to the enternet via my dsl also i lost sound driver while formating reinstaled downloaded sound driver from dell sound is working fine now i'm stuck trying to get online it says enthernet controller driver not found have dl'ed drivers from dell but will not respond when i install theevice manager shows a yellow question mark beside the enthernet controller when i click on it it says driver not foundlists driver as R73044 but i am not using a modem which is what this driver is for i'm using the USB or Lan port to hook to my DSL but no responce. dose anyone here have any info that can help me out because i havent gotten a reply back from dell tech support they seem to not want to help being my pc is no longer under warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom