End of the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordief

Baseband Member
This is a simple and fairly laughable problem I suppose.My pc was hanging and as I couldn't restart it via the keyboard I switched it off.I think I switched it back on too soon as it just went dead.No power -I wouldn't be able to load a Windows CD even.The power cable is fine as I have used it to plug in this new pc I am now using.
Did I just fry the chip with the dexterity of my finger movement? Is it the on/off switch that has failed?
I have always taken care not to switch the pc back on immediately after switching off but had slowly come to believe that that advice really only applied to really old pcs .This one is a 300mhz Win 95 machine. Is it just a coincidence that it packed up for good at that moment precisely?

PCs rarely "pack up for good" ;)

They have specific problems that can be fixed specifically.

Nothing happens? No fans...Nothing?

If that's the case, prolly just a blown power supply.

Try the paper clip trick and see if it makes your fans spin and/or your cd drives open. Search the forum for paper clip trick, I can't remember the exact way to do it at the moment. Only had to do it twice.

you are right.There was a fuse bown in my brain.I switched it on again and it started (the computer I think).Now to locate the precise area of my skull the problem is located in.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom