Enable AHCI mode after installing Windows XP - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Enable AHCI mode after installing Windows XP

Hi, I'm new in this forum.

First of all, I would like to say that the english is not my native language. I have registered this forum because I did not get a solution for this question in a spanish forum. So if I make a drafting error, please excuse me.

Well, here goes my doubt.

I have installed Windows XP SP3 (professional, original, without any complement or modification incorporated and with spanish as native language) in a mini notebook (netbook) (Toshiba Mini Notebook NB205-325BL)

As you must supose, I made this with an USB pen drive and I had to disable de AHCI Mode and make the installation in "compatibility mode" because XP (at least an original one) do not have SATA drivers included.

I had no major trouble during the instalation and now I can say the mini notebook works well.

But I would like to enable again the AHCI mode and I have been looking for a way to do this.

I found many pages that have made me the following suggestion:

Source 1

Well, I have problems with this procedure.

1. They tell me that I have download the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and extract from the installer the "iastor.sys" file and put it in the driver folder on the system.

This is the detail of my drive:

After looking for matches in the iastos.sys file I have noticed that my hardware ID is not specified in the .inf file.

2. They tell me that I have to create a .reg file with instructions like this:

As you can see, the instructions are not compatible with my drive.

So, here I have to ask. Can I use this method changing parts refered to my harware ID and using drivers extracted from the chipset pack?

If is not, can you suggest to me another way?
Closed Thread