eMachines W2785 doesn't seem to want to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static_11

Fully Optimized
Alrighty, went over to a friends house and he said his computers messed up. So i said alright, lets go take a look at it.

We go inside, he boots it up and the screen comes up that says

====

Boot Windows in:
Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Last Known Configuration
Start windows normally.

====

so no matter what you select, it just goes to a pure black screen. no writing, no nothing.

So i asked him what he was doing when it started doing this and he said his power went out. This made me think power supply at first (idk why, it still booted up to that point fine) then I was like uh oh... motherboards fried.

opinions?
I searched for the motherboard and they want 120$ for it! wtf!

why would you assume thats a mobo error? you wouldn't be able to boot up if it was the mobo

I'm guessing his windows install got corrupted

Does He have that power plug thing, that protect your computer when it on and the power goes out, if not then yea something is going to be wrong

it could easily be the motherboard.

mine fried 2 years ago and would boot up to a certain point, but then never would get past it. obviously wasn't a hdd issue because im using the same hdd right now as a master.

Does He have that power plug thing, that protect your computer when it on and the power goes out, if not then yea something is going to be wrong

Yes, he does. Even with a cheap one (they're called surge protecters by the way), something could fry. Cheap SP's don't really do much. Mine was like 110$ o_O. Never had a problem with it though and i've had it for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom