emachines t3958 Thermal Event - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default emachines t3958 Thermal Event

Hi everybody!

I have an Emachines t3958. It has an Intel Celeron D 340. When I turn on the system, it says that the computer was previously shut down due to a thermal event. I have changed the CPU fan with a new one( even when te old one was working well) and cleaned up all of the connectors from the Power Supply, CPU fan and motherboard and every time I turn on the comp again it displays the same message and shuts down on its own. I have checked the PS fan and it is working perfectly as well. It also has an extra fan, so I am SURE it does not have anything to do with overheating.
I can not get into the BIOS either because it shuts down before it even gets there.
Any idea what coul be the problem?

Thanks for any help yo can give me!

Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default Re: emachines t3958 Thermal Event

Try clearing the cmos.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Re: emachines t3958 Thermal Event

Thanks for your help. Did what you told me but it did not work. Any other suggestions? I'll keep on trying other things in the meantime.
Thanks again for your time.
Closed Thread